Short term Training programmes
The Institute’s facilities in the field of Nautical, Fisheries and Engineering Technology are utilised for tailor-made short term courses for the specific requirement of the participants as categorised here under.
- Short term and extension training programmes for Fishermen
- Tailor made programmes conducted for sister organisations
- Refresher courses for serving officials of fishery organisations
- Orientation courses for new entrants of fishery and financial institutions
- Refresher courses for college faculties
- Short term courses for graduate, post graduate students of Fishery colleges, B.Tech. and M.Tech. students of Engineering colleges.
The Technical expertise, training and infrastructure facilities of CIFNET are being utilised to the optimum level by conducting various short term training programmes for the students fraternity during last few years. The ITI / ITC, Graduates, Post Graduates students and students of the Engineering Colleges had the opportunity to attend these specially designed sandwich programmes and were able to absorb gainful practical knowledge.
For Under Graduates/Post Graduate students of Fishery colleges
- Fisheries Technology
- Fishery Biology
- Refrigeration & Equipment Engineering
- Fishing Vessel Engineering
- Seamanship & Navigation
- Oceanography & Meteorology
For M.Tech. / B.Tech Students
- Marine Diesel Engine and associated system
- Marine Engineering
- Marine Refrigeration
- Marine Electro Technology
- Power Generation and Distribution onboard ships
- Marine Electronic equipments and Power supplies